One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: miscellany monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

21 June 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Monday.  Seems to always come too soon.  But I have some great randoms to share with all of you to kick off the week.  So let's get on down to business!

{ONE}  The whole family packed up (okay, I did all of the packing) and headed to Kentucky for the weekend.  My husband's 20th reunion was Saturday and he was thrilled to get back & see a few of his best friends that were also going to be in town.

{TWO}  I loved seeing my parents and my precious 96 year old great-grandmother.  My kids were also very happy to see them.  I enjoyed Friday night with them while Mike enjoyed a night out with his best buddies.  

{THREE}  Saturday before the reunion, we hung out by our friends' pool most of the day and it was heaven!  The kids stayed behind at my parents' house and that part was bittersweet for me.  Mike and I enjoyed our time together and with our friends, but it was my first night away from my baby girl.  Of course, she did just fine.  

{FOUR}  Saturday night, Mike and I had a great time and I literally laughed til I cried and my insides hurt.  I have been sore for two days from laughing.  It was the best feeling in the world.  Mike and I truly forgot how badly we missed our friends back home.  We had the BEST TIME and have some of the BEST FRIENDS in the world!  I was also reminded that I'm not 18 anymore and staying up until 3AM is not the best idea I've had in a while - especially since we had to pick up our kids early the next morning to bring them back to swim as promised.  

{FIVE}  Sunday, we all picked up our kids and spent the day by the pool swimming and just enjoying all our families.  We got home late last night because none of us wanted it to end.  But back to reality.  Laundry, here I come.  

To read more randoms or link up some of your own, head over to Carissa's blog, lowercase letters by clicking the logo above.  

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM , Anonymous Katieb38 said...

    I love spending time with friends! That laughter until everything hurts is so much fun.

    Sounds like your weekend was perfect! You deserve it!

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous Mandy Pfeiffer said...

    Sounds like y'all spent some time working on your tans! So much fun! And glad Miss Presley did okay~ usually it's me that doesn't do as well as the little ones! Happy Monday!

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous REBECCA said...

    Sounds like you had a great, relaxing weekend! I also hate coming home to the laundry! Glad I came across your blog.

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

    It sounds like your weekend was good for the soul. :)

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

    You and me on laundry. I'll be joining you.

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Barbie2365 said...

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend. And laundry is calling my name, especially since I have to back for a week and everything is still dirty. Happy Monday!

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous 4sweetangels said...

    We are the same with laundry. I am on my 6th load. Yikes! It's awesome to be able to spend time with family and seeing old friends.

    Thanks for sharing your randomness Courtney. Can't wait to see pics tomorrow of your awesome talent!

    ~blessings

    Dorcas

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Kate said...

    It sounds like such a lovely weekend! I love it when I laugh so hard that it hurts and my stomach gets sore. That's how you know that you are in amazing company because you can only relax that much when you are surrounded by friendly and loving people.

    Have a blessed day,
    Kate

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous ajsipes said...

    I love fun nights with friends! I too spent Saturday night with old friends and had a ball, and I too stayed up WAY too late. Saturday was a hard day with the kids with a sleepy mommy!

    And I agree...Monday comes way too soon sometimes:)

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Faith Raider said...

    WOW that sounds like an AWESOME weekend!!! Yeah, I stayed up super-late last new-years. It was SO not worth it. So glad you had a good time! It's wonderful to laugh until you hurt. It does a body good. :)

     
  • At June 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous carissa said...

    i love love love a good night full of belly laughs!!! those are the best! so glad you had a great weekend!

     
  • At June 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM , Anonymous Amy said...

    It's always bittersweet to leave your kids behind...especially for the first time! But it's good for you, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home