One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: See What's Cookin' - Enchiladas

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

26 May 2010

See What's Cookin' - Enchiladas



Hey y'all! If you haven't already grabbed this recipe from Jes's blog, Exposing the Drapes to My 20's (I guest posted there today) then grab it now.  You don't want to be without this one!   Enchiladas are something that my family makes when we want to treat ourselves. They are a little time consuming but easy to make with only a few key ingredients.  So let's get cooking!

So here's what you'll need:





2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion
2 pkgs shredded cheese
2 cans enchilada sauce
1 pkg corn tortillas
Vegetable oil

These amounts are what I used to make 20 enchiladas. Adjust accordingly, but you'll want leftovers. I promise. And, of course, you can use chicken instead of beef, leave out the onions, whatever your preference is. Make it yours. First, dice up your onion.






Brown your ground beef. Be sure to drain off the grease and set aside to cool.






Then I usually set myself up a station that looks like this to make things easier...






Next, add vegetable oil or canola oil to a pan and heat it up. Do the same for the enchilada sauce in a separate pan. You'll want the oil fairly hot because you want the tortilla to cook quickly; however, you only want the enchilada sauce warm because you'll be rolling the tortillas by hand and you don't want them scorching hot. Once your oil is heated up slide your tortilla into the pan. When you see it start to bubble up, give it a couple of more seconds. You'll actually hear the sizzle begin to slow down. Then pull it out, draining the excess oil.






Then slide same tortilla into your enchilada sauce. You simply want to coat the tortilla.






So when the tortilla is good and coated, transfer it to your rolling plate. I usually stack up about 5 or 6 of these at a time.   Once you start filling and rolling your hands will be really messy and washing them between each tortilla is just too much.  But if you stack up too many then the tortillas will start to stick together.






Then start filling your tortillas. Be sure to not over fill them or you'll never be able to roll them or transfer them to your casserole dish.






So I couldn't exactly take a picture of me rolling them up but once you roll them up individually, place them into your casserole dish side by side.






Once you've filled your pan, spoon a little enchilada sauce on top to keep them from being dry. And then with cheese and any remaining ingredients - don't waste it!







Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees just until the cheese on top is melted. Remember, all of your ingredients are already cooked. You just want to melt the cheese. Now, I owe you an apology because in all of my excitement of pulling these babies out of the oven I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product. You're just going to have to trust me, they look, smell and taste delish!   Enjoy y'all!

To print or save this recipe, click HERE.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Christina said...

    A woman after my own heart...............I LOVE Mexican food. I was scrolling down my reading list............"you had me at ENCHILADA". hehe

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Christina said...

    PS. I have also had some people say they were having problems logging into my Disqus.................but some aren't. So I have no idea what's going on.

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous Christina said...

    PS. ME again. I have also used shredded chicken or beef in these. Okay, now i'm hungry!

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    I love your backsplash. Did you do that yourself?

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Christina, you're kinda cracking me up. I've had a couple of people tell me they can't log into Disqus and there's been a couple of times where I've thought there were no comments and there ended up being several, but I had to go to my email to see them. I don't know what's up with it. It was working great in the beginning.

    Yeah, enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes but you can't hardly go wrong with ANY kind of Mexican food. ;)

     
  • At May 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Natalie@mommyofamonster said...

    Yum-o! I love that I can print the recipe card, too!

     
  • At May 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Oh good! I was hoping someone would appreciate that! :)

     
  • At May 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Anonymous From3to5 said...

    1.- This is most defintely going on the menu next week.
    2.-Where did you get that orange bowl?
    3.-I also LOVE the back splash.

     
  • At May 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Hey, Heidi! Hope you make it and love it. I think I got that plate from Old Time Pottery, if I'm not mistaken. Thank you very much!

     
  • At May 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

    OMG! I should have come to YOUR house for dinner! I LOVE enchiladas! My family makes ones VERy similar to this...except our are really spicy...we are of mexican heritage! Yum! Good job! <333

     
  • At May 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Michelle, let me know if you're getting this a second time. Disqus and I are apparently not getting along so well these days. I replied once already and it's not showing up. GRR!

    Anyhow, my stepdad is hispanic so I learned from the best! You are always welcome at our dinner table. ;)

     
  • At June 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous alicia said...

    Thanks so much for playing along with my Tasty Tuesdays meme. This is great and easy. Love it. Hope you play along again next week.

     
  • At June 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    I'll play along until I run out of recipes! LOL! Actually, I'm due a good cooking post.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home