One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: An Overdue Thanks

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

25 May 2010

An Overdue Thanks




Last week, I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Amy at The Adventures of JAMC.  I have failed miserably at thanking her properly for bestowing it up on me as well as upholding the terms of the award.  So first of all THANK YOU, AMY!  I am honored to accept it and will uphold at least part of the terms.

Now I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.  Some of these may be repeaters.  I can't remember what I've said or haven't said about myself.  You know I like to talk.  :)  These are in no particular order.

ONE  I love a good glass of wine.  I don't consider myself a big drinker but a good glass of wine can calm my nerves in an instant.

TWO  I have serious texture issues with my food.  Most foods I don't like have a weird texture to them and trigger my gag reflex the instant it hits my mouth.  However, I LOVE sushi.

THREE  I love to fish.  I grew up fishing in Kentucky and can catch 'em with the very best.  This leads to my next bit of quirkiness...

FOUR  I have a phobia of worms.  I think I may have learned this from my grandmother.  I remember sitting on the back porch with her as a child and shucking corn.  If she found any sign of a grub worm, that ear of corn would get chucked in the trash so fast you never knew what happened, tied off and taken far away from the house.  Still, they gross me out completely.  I fish with other bait.

FIVE  I boast often on my blog, Facebook and Twitter about needing my morning coffee and how much I love coffee.  Confession time:  It's usually decaf.  I gave up caffeine prior to conceiving my first child because of articles I had read about caffeine and the affects it could have on a fetus.  And I breastfed both of my kiddos and didn't think they needed any help in the ADHD department.  After the withdrawals I felt so much better I hardly drink it anymore because it makes my body crazy and I feel horrible.  But the psychological benefits are still pretty powerful and I do so love the taste of a good cup of joe.

SIX  I come from a very musical family.  My grandmother taught herself to play piano and played beautifully.  She also played the clarinet in her high school band.  My mom sings like an angel.  I play flute, piccolo and also taught myself to play a little piano, though I do not play as well as my grandmother did.  But my strength is vocals.  I love to sing and wish American Idol had come a long a little earlier.  I'd have TOTALLY rocked that show.  ;)

SEVEN  I.  LOVE.  TO.  READ.  I can totally get lost in a good book and all my stress, troubles, anxiety melt away.  Suddenly, I am somewhere else experiencing something completely new.  However, I am on the computer blogging way too much to read these days.  I miss it and need to get it back.  

Thanks again, Amy!  Head over and show Amy some love!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Annie28 said...

    I'm only just responding from your comment on my blog last week - thank you! Nice list! I'm a bookworm as well. :] What's your favorite book?

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous wrsallee said...

    Enjoyed your list... sounded alot like me, except, I can't do the sushi thing. And I don't mind worms (one of my best friends is TERRIFIED of them; she says she will be cremated instead of buried because of... you know) and unfortunately caffeine is still a part of my life :(

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Chloe said...

    I have the world's biggest fear of fish. Seriously. The thought of fishing makes me nervous. My little brother-in-law once caught a fish and my husband slowly brought it over just to show me it was harmless but then he accidentally DROPPED it at my feet and I screamed bloody murder, nearly tipping the boat over. Yeah, it was bad. The neighbors must've thought I was psychotic.

    And I wish I could sing so badly! Out of all the talents God chose not to bless me with, singing is the only one that makes me really sad. Sigh. Maybe in Heaven.

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I'm thinking cremation is the way to go as well for the same reasons. Kicking caffeine was very hard. I tried sushi fully expecting to hate it but I love it and crave it regularly.

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Hi, Annie! I have been trying to finish The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon for quite a while now. It's historical fiction and it sucked me in right away. I highly recommend it if you like historical fiction. But I'm also a big fan of anything written by Patricia Cornwell or Dean Koontz. I like a good mystery/suspense.

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    LOL - your fish story reminds of several worms I've come across. I can totally relate.

    There are several instruments I wish I'd tried to learn to play and now that I'm older I'm sad I didn't at least try them out. I keep telling myself it's never too late but who has the time???

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

    Oh how I miss getting lost in a good book...sigh. And I too love a good glass of wine... Hmmm let's have a wine and sushi night...mmm, I wish!!! Have a greaty Tuesday :)

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

    I'm surprised by the decaf thing. And I want to ask about what you use as tackle if you don't like worms? :)

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Crickets, chicken liver, fake bait. Yeah, I think a lot of people are surprised by the decaf, but even decaf has a little caffeine in it.

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous becky said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love random lists about people--it makes me feel much more normal! I agree so much with your phobia about worms---but I always feel SO bad for them when it rains and they're stranded on the sidewalk!

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Thanks for returning the love, Becky. Wish I could say I felt bad for them after it rains but I just can't. I find myself tip toeing around them and gagging. LOL!

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Natalie@mommyofamonster said...

    Fishing...but without worms? Or do you make hubby bait your hook?! ;)

    Well, darn it! I just gave you the same award today! Don't worry - you don't have to do it again unless you want to...I just thought you deserved it. Enjoy!

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Annie28 said...

    I'll have to look into that series! I love me a good mystery, too. In fact I just finished "Abomination" by Colleen Coble - SO good! A little creepy, but very good. Colleen Coble writes amazing mystery stories all around, in my opinion.

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Only the first part of your comment came through on my email! SO SORRY I didn't thank you for the award. I do appreciate it very much! I'm so behind on blogs and commenting. I can't figure out how I got behind either. But thanks so much for thinking of me! I truly appreciate it!

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I will have to look her up. Sounds like it might be right up my alley. The Outlander series is not so much a mystery but it is really good. I know several people who've read it and love it. Hope you'll look into it.

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Annie28 said...

    Yes, I will! Let me know if you look into Colleen Coble and what you think of her books!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home