One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: See What's Cookin' - Chicken Lettuce Wraps

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

19 May 2010

See What's Cookin' - Chicken Lettuce Wraps


This has quickly become one of my family's favorite recipes. It's so quick, easy and adaptable - and HEALTHY.  I just had to share it with my readers.  You can thank me later.  :)  I promise, you'll love this.  Chicken Lettuce Wraps came from Joy Bauer.  You might recognize the name if you watch the Today Show.  She's their health/nutritionist guru.  Let's get cookin'!

Now, remember that I said this recipe is completely adaptable to you and your preferences as well as what you have on hand.  The recipe calls for celery and cashews.  I didn't have celery or cashews on hand so I left it out but it was still DELISH!  So don't worry if you are shy of a few ingredients.  Substitute something else or leave out what you don't like personally.  I used the following:










Yes, I cheated with the garlic.  I ran out of fresh garlic so I used the jarred stuff.  I also used ground turkey instead of chicken this go 'round.  It worked fine.  

Dice up all your veggies, garlic and ginger and throw them into a well-sprayed (keep it healthy and use olive oil) skillet.  You just want the veggies to get a head start so they aren't so crunchy.  So let them hang out there for about 5 minutes stirring often so they don't burn.



Then add your chicken (or turkey) and brown that up, seasoning it with salt and pepper.  The aromas will start to intoxicate you at this point.  Smells amazing!



Once that's browned, reduce the heat to low and add the plum sauce, the rice vinegar, and chili paste and stir to coat.  Simmer until just heated through.  Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cilantro (and cashews if you have them).  Allow the mixture to cool slightly.


If you haven't cleaned your lettuce already, do that now and break off 12  individual leaves (trimming stems).  Fill each lettuce cup with roughly 1/2 cup of the chicken (turkey) mixture.  


Wrap that baby up and ENJOY, y'all!



To print or save this recipe, click HERE.

On another note, I'm guest posting over at Who Says 8 Is Enough? today while Debi and her family are away on a FAB vacation!  The post is an oldie but a goodie.  Debi is also giving away a prize to her biggest commenter.  Go check it out!

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home