One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Vacation {Take One} Gatlinburg, TN

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

14 May 2010

Vacation {Take One} Gatlinburg, TN

Happy Friday to you all! If you are visiting from Exposing the Drapes to My 20's, WELCOME! I hope you'll stay a while & click around. A big thank you to Jes for featuring little ole me & my blog today.

I finally sat down with both of my cameras and uploaded all of my vacation pictures. All 600+ of them. Seriously. See why I was kind of avoiding this post? But I knew I couldn't avoid it any longer. Because I have so many pictures from ten days of vacation I decided to break it up into locations since we toured a bit. So today, I'll share some of my favorite pics from our two day stay in Gatlinburg. I edited these pics using my iPad (more to come about that new toy very soon!). So I'm still learning my way around it. Be patient with me while I play.

We arrived late Thursday evening so it was off to bed with the kiddos and no pictures. Shocking, I know. But the next morning, we awoke to a beautiful day in the mountains and went walking down the main street to see what events would unfold for the day. We were immediately greeted by some locals.





Childhood memories rushed around me as I saw the familiar creeks & sites of Gatlinburg. I spent many vacations here growing up with my grandparents. They loved Gatlinburg. I felt them all around me.





Because it is Spring, flowers were in bloom and I couldn't help but take pictures of them.





After a walk around the town, some putt putt golf, and some whining by me the kids, we headed to the aquarium which the kiddos really enjoyed. We met some fairly strange creatures there.




I can't get over this picture. I did ZERO editing, except to round the corners. Gorgeous!







Presley getting acquainted with the penguins. This little guy had to come back to Memphis with us.




This is one of my favorite places in Gatlinburg. I've thrown many coins, taken many pictures, and drank many a cups of coffee in and around this very fountain in my 35 years of life. It was surreal being back there with my kids.





The kids' favorite spot was one of the many candy stores that line the streets of Gatlinburg.







And then, of course, there were the mountains...




How glorious they still are!





Finally, a rare pic of me with my daughter by one of the creeks. It was getting dark and I have yet to figure out how to adjust the lighting just yet with my iPad photo editing apps. I'm working on it.




There are lots more pics posted of the kids doing their thing over at may family blog if that's more your style. Feel free to journey on over and take a look.

I'll be back next week with Take Two of our family vacation. Be sure to come and see me then. Thanks, y'all! Have a great weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous timlinzrowland said...

    This makes me want to go to Gatlinburg so bad it hurts! Tim and I went by ourselves when I was 4 months pregnant with David and we loved it. I don't think I should stray that far away from home at 7 months pregnant now though. Daniel gets a week off at fall break...... we will have to consider taking the kids to Gatlinburg then!
    Looks like you guys had so much fun! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    It had been years since Mike and I had been there. We really enjoyed being back there with the kids. Hope you get the chance to go!

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Mandy Pfeiffer said...

    Glad y'all had a great time! I love the one of Keegan just hanging out in front of that shop~ too cute! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous shakeragsusan said...

    Great pictures! I especially liked the aquarium pictures. I haven't been to Gatlinburg since before kids. It would be nice to go back. I can't go there without remembering the band trip all those years ago. . .

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous NatalieDH said...

    Oh my gosh! Your little girl...holding the sucker in front of the candy store?? She looks SO happy!! That is a priceless picture!! And the aquarium pics are amazing. I wish I could take pictures like that!!

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    I've heard great things about the aquarium there! Maddie has that same shirt. And I remember being in Gatlinburg when I was younger, and getting fudge.

     
  • At May 14, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous carissa said...

    i've never been to gatlinburg, but it looks and sounds beautiful!!! such lovely pictures of your precious family! i love the one of little miss and her lollipop. so cute!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home