One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: miscellany monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

10 May 2010

miscellany monday



We're back! Home at last. And I admit, planned posts while we were on vacation but did not plan one for today - our first full day back. And I should have because my brain is empty and I'm exhausted and behind on everything. So when I stopped by Carissa's blog this morning and saw her 'miscellany monday' I thought PERFECT.  The idea is to be as random as possible.  I don't think I'm going to have any trouble jumping in.  

1.  I had an absolute blast on our family vacation and can't wait to tell you all about it - once my thoughts are a bit more organized and pictures are uploaded.

2.  I am dreading the mound of laundry that awaits me and the rest of the unpacking.  I HATE laundry and I HATE unpacking.

3.  Both kids have been battling sinus infections all week (fun while on vacation) and now I've joined the ranks.  We're all coughing our heads off and going through tissues like someone is paying us to.  

4.  It was pure ecstasy to sleep in my own bed last night after being away from it for ten days.

5.  My iPad has been sitting at a FedEx location since the day after we left and I am DYING to get my hands on that thing.  Can't wait for the hubs to bring it home.  

6.  We have absolutely zero food in this house and I have to get to the store ASAP.  However, I feel terrible and it's raining.  Not a great combination when attacking a grocery trip with 2 small children.


You can visit Carissa's blog or link up miscellany monday post by clicking her logo above.  Hope everyone has a great Monday and I can't wait to tell you all about our family vacation!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

  • At May 10, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Raeskids said...

    You will love your Ipad. My brother got one, and boy, was it a blast to try out.

    I hate laundry. Hate it. So my heart goes out to you!

    Fun blog! Found you via carissa's meme. (my daughter links in as well...she's hannah from aspire)

    Blessings to you!

    Rachel

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Hannah @ Aspire said...

    Aren't vacations so fun? I just love them--the family time is the best! One of my favorite parts though is coming home and sleeping in my OWN bed. Mmmm...so right with that. But I hate unpacking and putting away. Again, so right. Plus its not all clean. The clothes are mostly dirty and everything else is a mess.

    Oh well. That's vacations! :-)
    --Hannah

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous carissa said...

    thanks for joining!!! yippee!!! so glad you are back and got to sleep in your very own bed. so sorry that you are sick! : ( boo hoo. i hope you get much better very soon. it's so hard doing laundry, unpacking, grocery shopping (well, being mom) when you're sick!!! oh my goodness... i'm so excited for you to get your ipad! please tell us ALL about it!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Emily C said...

    I hate unpacking and laundry too! My husband's stuff after vacation always sits out for at least a week. Ugh! And I also hate when you get back from vacation how there is no food! So much to do and all you want to do is sleep or unwind from travelling!

    You must update us and tell us how you like your iPad once you get your hands on it!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Emily, glad to hear I'm not alone. Don't you worry - there will be an iPad post very soon! ;)

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I know! So glad I linked up today! Yeah, being a mom can be hard sometimes. Now is definitely one of those times. There will definitely be an iPad post very soon! Stay tuned!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Definitely, Hannah. But worth it! I pack up and go again in a heartbeat.

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Rachel, thanks so much! Yes, I will be posting about my new toy (iPad) very soon. I've been obsessing over it since we ordered it. Can't wait to play! WELCOME!!!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous kim said...

    oh my goodness, that does sound like a beating...i hate going to the store when i am sick, especially with two sick little ones, and with rain on top of that.
    i think i would brave it though if i had an ipad waiting on me when i got home, those things are awesome!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous radfords said...

    girl you go get that ipad that is gonna be super fun to use :0)

    Glad you had a great trip....I do not like laundry either....the hubs fired me from laundry because I can't do it at all terrible at it....LOL

    Have a great day
    xoxo
    Summer :)

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Doesn't it, though?! Ugh. It's still raining and I'm still in my pajamas. ta hee hee. But I do have laundry going and have slowly started unpacking. Blah.

    I am ecstatic about my iPad! I'll be doing a post on it very soon!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I wish someone would fire me from laundry! Stay tuned for the iPad post. Hope you have a great day as well, Summer! Thanks!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous jessicamurfin said...

    So jealous of the ipad! Found you through Carissa's blog :)

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    hi, jessica! Welcome! I'm terribly excited about my iPad! I'll probably be doing a post on it this week. Hope you'll come back!

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    Ya know, Arlington BBQ is open today. :)

    I bet you are chomping at the bit about your iPad. Have fun! don't stay up all night playing with it.

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I know and if I didn't feel so terrible I'd be having that for dinner. But since Mike is probably working late and my fever will not go away I will probably be ordering a pizza.

    There is no telling what time I'll go to bed after I get that iPad in my possession. Unfortunately, my body will probably rebel against me.

     
  • At May 10, 2010 at 6:44 PM , Anonymous Barbie said...

    Oh you lucky lady you. Enjoy your iPad! Blessings!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home