One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: miscellany monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

24 May 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


I had planned on working on some posts over the weekend but that didn't happen. So thank goodness for Carissa at lowercase letters and her miscellany monday.  Otherwise, I'd be struggling for a post this Monday morning.  And I'm already struggling to keep my eyes open.  No more struggles.  Please.  By the way, loving the new button, Carrisa!  ;)

The idea is to post 5 completely random things in no particular order and then head over and link up at lowercase letters.  Off we go...

     1.  I didn't get any posts prepared this weekend because after Keegan's soccer game on Saturday      morning, we got all frisky and spontaneous and packed up the family and headed to Hot Springs, AR for an overnight trip.  We took the kids to Magic Springs a theme/water park all day yesterday and it was exhausting but SO fun!  THEY.  LOVED.  IT.  I love that we can still fly by the seat of our pants upon occasion.

     2.  I know that too much sun is not good for your skin but I secretly love it when I have tan hands and feet.  Jewelry and sandals of any kind always look better on tan hands and feet.  And fat.  I need to hop back on the workout train.

     3.  I gained new Twitter followers over the weekend which is always exciting.  New followers of any kind excite me.  I usually check out their profile, their site if it's listed and decide whether or not to follow back.  When trying to check out one profile, I got a message from Twitter telling me this account had been suspended.  You have to wonder what this person did to get his/her account suspended by Twitter and if I should be concerned that he/she is now following me.

     4.  Monday = laundry day.  I still hate laundry.  That hasn't changed and probably never will.  I will probably be 80 years old and still complaining about laundry on miscellany monday.

     5.  I really want to find time to be crafty this week.  I am itching to create something, though I'm not sure what.  Don't worry, though.  If it happens, there'll be a post.

To add your own randoms, head over to Carissa's blog by clicking the logo at the top and link up!  Have a great day, y'all!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous carissa said...

    thanks, as always, for joining in!!! i'm so glad you like the new button! after hannah designed it, i caught myself staring at it for forever! she's so talented!

    yay for sponaneous trips! good for you guys! sounds like fun! definitely a worthy excuse not to write any posts. ; )

    i'm with you on #2. but since there is no way i'm getting a bathing suit of any kind at any point in my last week of pregnancy i've settled for tan in a can. although, it's sad because it doesn't work well on hands or feet. so, i look like i've laid out with gloves and socks on. please, get some sun for me!!!

    okay, this is turning into a book... sorry!

    happy monday!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

    Thanks for sharing :)

    The waterpark sounds like a lot of fun :) I loved those as a kid! And I absolutely agree on the tan thing. I usually get really high protection so that I do not tan a lot right away. It takes a bit longer, but at least it is safer.

    Have a wonderful week and good luck on your project.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Natalie@mommyofamonster said...

    Hey...love this idea when you really have no post! Great post ;)
    I am also of the belief that tan fat looks better than white fat, although no fat at all would be SO much better! =sigh=

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM , Anonymous Barbie2365 said...

    I haven't been to a water park in years. Shows my true age! I have a Twitter account but don't really know how to use it much. I do not allow anyone to follow before before I approve them. I have gotten some requests from some pretty bizarre people! Have a great day!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I admit that I have used that "block" option on Twitter more than once. There are some different people out there. ;)

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    No kidding. How's the Alli coming? Any results?

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Kate, thanks so much. Yes, I do use sunscreen these days. Can't afford not to anymore.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Carissa, you make me giggle. I always love your comments because they are so sincere.

    I admit to wearing shorts with my bathing suit. Again, I'm lazy and have not worked out in a while. And I like to eat way too much. Wish I had the pregnancy excuse. Sort of....

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Kelley said...

    love your randoms! I totally agree with #2. I love some sun on me! I am just afraid with this midwest humidity that if I went out on our deck to tan I'd pass out and no one would find me for hours ;)
    I too try to stay on top of laundry on Mondays. I don't really hate the washing and drying part its the folding and putting it away that gets me everytime.
    Hope you have a great day despite the dreaded laundry.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Kelley, that's me. I don't mind putting clothes in the washer and moving them to the dryer. I can do that all day long. But the folding and putting away.... ACK!

    And the humidity.... yes, we struggle with that as well here in Memphis. ACK again.

    Hope you have a great day as well!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

    I loved your random thoughts!! ANd I totally agree about the tanned hands and feet thing. Silver looks lovely on tanned hands!!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Michelle said...

    Yay for new followers! That's always exciting! And yes you must try soy wrapped sushi...mmmm. I love being spontaneous! Sounds like the springs was so much fun! I shoulda thought of that this weekend...because it was a HOT one in Florida. Eek! Oh and totally agree with you that everything looks better when you are tan! <333

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    YES! So glad someone else gets it.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I'm definitely going to try it. I hope I can find a restaurant that offers it. Spontaneous is fun, isn't it?! We had a blast!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous radfords said...

    Girlie I am loving all your random!! I am so glad the hubs fired me from laundry LOL....

    Good luck on getting crafty, I have been itching to create something to just haven't a clue of to what! I will be looking for a post on it girlie!!

    Yay on new twitter followers....I would follow you on twitter but I don't tweet LOL....

    xoxo
    Summer :)

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Teach me how to get fired from laundry. I would love to get fired.

    I used to not be in Twitter but I find myself tweeting more than on Facebook these days. Who knew?!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    Glad you guys had a fun weekend! I didn't realize there was a water park in AR. I agree about looking better with a tan. I still am rarely tan, but I do agree.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I use to worship the sun but seem to only get some when I'm out in it with the kids. Magic Springs is about a 3 hour drive - it's in Hot Springs and the kids loved it!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Mayhem & Moxie said...

    Such a great blog design, Courtney! I am loving your site as I scroll through.

    As for Mondays being laundry day, I can completely relate to that one. As I type this, there is a mountain threatening to bury me. :)

    -Francesca

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Francesca, thanks so much! Glad you stopped by. I'm finally seeing an end in sight with the laundry but it seems to always be an uphill battle. I summoned the laundry fairy but the wench didn't show.

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Mandy Pfeiffer said...

    Congrats on your spontaneous trip~ I am way too OCD for that, and Trace would love it! I'm starting to get tan too, and I love that~ I love to think that it makes me look thinner. happy Monday!

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    That's part of my thinking, too. Makes me look thinner. ;)

     
  • At May 24, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous LaLaLaura said...

    Woot, this is FINALLY working for me! After a password change and and blah blah blah. I can't even remember what I was going to say! Blech. Oh, I remember now. It was about your creepy twitter! Anyway, I had a creeper blogger follow me and I had to block them. Strangest questionable material that I wasn't so happy with. AND I had only like 7 followers at the time and so he was CLEARLY on my follower list and my Mom clicked on him... Yah, something HAD to be done!

     
  • At May 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Sandy a la Mode said...

    hello! i am visiting your blog from miscellany monday b/c i linked up too!! i LOVE being tan as well, it makes you look more fit even if you haven't worked out, which i haven't in a long long time!! can't wait to see what crafty things you make!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home