One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: See What's Cookin' - Guacamole

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

26 May 2010

See What's Cookin' - Guacamole



Guacamole is one of my all time favorite things in the whole wide world.  If I had it my way, I'd have it available to me for constant snacking all day long, every day.  And because I love it so much, I thought I'd share my family's recipe.  You know, share the love and all that jazz.  It's super simple to make and pretty healthy as long as you don't eat a whole bowl at a time like I do.  It never lasts very long in our house.  Even my kids love it.  

Let's start with our ingredients:

     Roma Tomatoes
     Avocados
     Green Onions
     Sour Cream
     Tabasco Sauce
     Salt



Start by slicing your avocados in half.  Ripe avocados will be more brown than green on the outside and have a slight give to them when you squeeze them but still somewhat firm.  If they are mushy then they are just about rotten.  Don't buy those.  



I'll show you a trick for removing the pit.  With some pressure and for lack of a better word, WHACK your knife into the pit and then twist.  It should slide right out.  Forgive the photography error - terrible picture but wanted you to see what I was talking about.  Just have good aim and don't whack off a finger.



And here's another trick - I score the avocado before scooping it out.



With a spoon, scoop out the yummy goodness into a bowl.  This will make mixing up the dip much easier.




Now dice up your green onions....



... and your tomatoes.




Add your onions and tomatoes to your bowl of diced up avocados.  



Now, I usually only add a tablespoon or two of sour cream to the mix.  I like the creaminess that the sour cream gives but I don't want to really taste the sour cream.  I want to taste the avocados.  But you can add as much or as little as you like.  Also, same with the tabasco sauce.  If you like to spice it up then go for it.  And salt to taste as well.  Mix well.




Grab those chips and start munching!



I hope you make it and love it!  Enjoy, y'all!

To print or save this recipe, click HERE.  

I'm guest posting over at Exposing the Drapes to My 20's today.  You can head over there now and grab my enchilada recipe or come back here later today.  I'll post it here as well so that I can link it to my recipe page.  Goes great with the guacamole!  

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

    I could totally live off Guacamole!

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    I know, right?! LOVE. IT.

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

    I LOVE GUACAMOLE TOOO! I have my own recipe but I might try yours! Looks good! <333

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Thanks! There are a million different recipes, I know. But this one is quite simple and I promise, it's tasty!

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Anonymous kbelleicious said...

    So So So yummy! Guc has to be one of my all time favorite dips. I could eat it all day. Seriously, when we go to a mexican restaurant I am full on guc before I even eat my meal! Have a great day and I will be trying this recipe out soon! Love ya

     
  • At May 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Thanks, girl! Yeah, it's hard not to fill up on this stuff. It's just so good!

     
  • At May 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Carissa Mason said...

    Oh. My. Gosh. Those look divine and I'm so bookmarking this so I can use it for tonight's dinner!! Thanks for sharing! And by the way, I LOVE your photography skills. You're very talented. Visiting fromt he LBS tea party and leaving some comment love for ya'!
    Holla!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home