One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Getting Crafty - Burp Cloths

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

14 July 2010

Getting Crafty - Burp Cloths

I recently made a scrapbook page and framed it for a sorority sister and great friend who had just had her third child.  I think it turned out pretty cute and all she has to do is add her pictures and hang it on her new little boy's wall.  Here's my finished product:


Once I finished this page, I started looking around for something else I could make for Drew.  I had just bought some fabric scraps at Hobby Lobby that would be perfect for burp cloths; however, I had never made burp cloths before.  I started my search for a good tutorial and stumbled upon this blog with lots of great homemade projects.  Making these literally took less than 30 minutes from start to finish.  Easy peasy.

First, I printed out my template, cut it out and pieced it together.  Then I pinned it to my material.  


Then I cut out my pieces, including quilt batting.


I then pinned it all together - wrong sides facing and quilt batting in the middle.  This is one time you won't actually sew it wrong side out and flip it when you're done.  You'll see why in a bit.


Then sew around the edges allowing a little extra on the ends.  Once it's sewn together, cut the extra quilt batting as close to sewn edges as possible.  You're also going to sew a straight line straight down the middle to keep the quilt batting from slipping.


Once everything is sewn, cut slits around the edges to create fringe.  


Once you wash it, it will look something like this.  The fringe will fray out and be oh so cute.  


The finished product.




My baby projects are complete and on their way to Kentucky.  Hope you enjoyed it!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home