One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Before & After

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

08 July 2010

Before & After



It's Thursday - if you can believe that. I'm desperately trying to figure out where this week/month/year is going. Time is passing me by so quickly.  Anyhow, Thursdays bring before and after pics and if you're into photography or photo editing, it can be a real treat.  It's fun to see how someone can take a picture and create a totally different work of art with editing software.  

Here is my SOOC shot taken with my Canon Rebel T1i:


I love the bright colors but the sun is just a tad too harsh and you lose a little detail in the flower.  So I tried to clean that up a bit.  

Here is my edited version:



First thing I did was to darken the pic up a bit.  You still see the bright  yellow but now you see much more of the detail in the flower.  Then I cropped it down and added a vintage layer but pulled the opacity back a bit.  Next, I added a gaussian blur, the vignette and my rounded corners.  VIOLA!  Now you can see the detail of the flower, the leaves and our little friend that stopped by for a visit and your eyes aren't burning from all the harsh sunlight.  I used Photoshop Elements 8 for all my editing.  

To see more before and after pics or to link up one of your own, head over to Monica's blog, Pixel Perfect by clicking the logo above.  

Toodles!


Labels: , , , ,

32 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home