One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: miscellany monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

05 July 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


I am a little behind this morning. It's like another holiday for us because the husband is home today and I'm not in the normal Monday morning routine. But better late than never, right? So off we go with some Monday randomness...

{ONE}  4th of July was a GREAT day for our family.  Though we got started a little later than planned, we packed up, hooked up the boat and headed to the TN River for a day on the water.  We all enjoyed ourselves so much we didn't want to come back home.  We had a great dinner and then settled in a huge field with other families to watch fireworks on the river.  Good times.  But we got home super late and I'm a bit on the tired side this morning.  

{TWO}  The husband surprised me this weekend with a new camera lens - EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III and I was SO excited!  I haven't gotten to play around with it too much and am itching to do so.  Maybe today... I have the best husband ever!

{THREE}  I had been having the hardest time installing actions in PSE8.  I had tried tutorial after tutorial and just couldn't get them installed.  I have been so disappointed about this.  But I finally figured it out and they work!  I.  AM.  ELATED.  Beautiful, luscious, delicious actions....

{FOUR}  I am very curious to see what today holds.  Maybe a movie day at home.  Maybe take the kids to see a movie at the theater.  Notice I have not complained about laundry one bit.  Since the hubs is home today, laundry may have to wait until tomorrow.  

{FIVE}  I signed up for a photography class hosted by Faith at Simplicity.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  People will be looking at my shots and critiquing them.  The class starts today and I already have my first assignment waiting for my in my inbox.   EEK!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.  If you'd like to read more monday randoms or link up some of your very own, head over to Carissa's blog, lowercase letters by clicking the logo above.  

Have a FABULOUS day!

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

    Your weekend sounds awesome! Enjoy your new lens, and your day with the family :-)

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Emmasmommy said...

    Sounds like a perfect day to me!! So glad you guys were able to get out on the water and enjoy a little family time. I cant wait to see some pics!!

    I am so excited/nervous about the class to. I opened my assignment this morning and immediatly got antsy to try and get some good shots. You will do great girl!! So glad we did this.
    Enjoy your extra day with the hubster today!!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous mle said...

    enjoy your photography class and learning to use the new lens!!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

    how is the new lense different? i know each lense has it's own purpose.

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    thanks so much, Kate. Hope you enjoy your day as well!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    It really was a perfect day. I think we both kinda wish we'd stayed the night and taken the boat out again today. But summer has just started. Many more boating weekends to come!

    This first assignment is good for me. I often find myself trying to edit shadows off of the kids faces. And the aperture, shutter speed and ISO is definitely something I need to learn to tweak. Glad we're doing this together!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    thank you so much! Should be fun!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    This new one is a zoom lens which I'm very happy to have. itching to go out and play with it today!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Barbie2365 said...

    A new camera lens and a photography class, how fun! Can't wait to see your pictures! Enjoy your day with the family.

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Jocelyn said...

    how fun...a new lens and a photography class!! that would make my week too:-) have fun playing around with it.

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Dorcas said...

    AWESOME for the class! Awesome for the new lens! How cool is that! Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous Monday!

    ~blessings

    Dorcas

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Dorcas said...

    It's 4sweetangels Courtney. I don't know why I can't log on to this thing sometimes :)

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Amy said...

    Your 4th sounds like a lot of fun! Going out on a boat sounds great right now...it is really hot! I'm off today, too, but my hubby is not. Ah, well...getting cleaning done!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Thanks so much, Barbie! Hope you enjoy your day as well!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    I know, right?! It's like Christmas around here. Thanks!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Disqus seems to work when it wants to work. I don't know, girl. Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy your Monday as well.

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Well, I should be cleaning and doing laundry but it's all getting put off. A day on the water was just what we needed. Hope you had a great 4th as well!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Kate said...

    HI Courtney,

    a day on the river with fireworks at night sounds just perfect! Congratulations on your new camera lens. I am no photography expert myself, but I have a friend who is and she has shown me pictures taken with different lenses. It does seem to make a huge difference!

    Have a blessed day,
    Kate

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous CM_ALittleLilac said...

    What a wonderful way to spend the 4th!

    Can't wait to see your pics with your new lens, how exciting! Good luck with your class.

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous carissa said...

    oh my goodness! your 4th of july sounds like it was fantastic!!! yay for your new camera lens!

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM , Anonymous caseycasey said...

    saw you on MBC and love your blog:) Saw that you enjoy photography so I had to add yOU:). Photo challenges are fun and I look forward to seeing yours!!

     
  • At July 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM , Anonymous debi9kids said...

    Your 4th of July sounded just perfect :)
    What an awesome husband! Can't wait to see the fantastic shots you take with your new lens!

     
  • At July 6, 2010 at 1:36 AM , Anonymous MommySpirit said...

    I love your blog and your pictures. It sounds like you had a nice 4th of July weekend.

    On another note, I recently received the Sunshine Award and would like to pass it on to you at http://mommyspirit.blogspot.com (I'm sure you've already received one in the past, but I just wanted to acknowledge your great blog.)

    Have a great day!

     
  • At July 6, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous Lula Lola said...

    Glad you had a good day on the water. Good times! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with your new lens! Glad you got those actions working. They are so exciting!

     
  • At July 6, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Michelle said...

    I wish I knew someone who had a boat!!! That is so awesome! Sounds like it was a great 4th! And yay for a new lens and photography class! :)

     
  • At July 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Ashley said...

    I am so glad that we are doing this photography class together! I not a THING about photography, I just like takign pictures LOL! I is great that I found your blog through this class! Can't wait to follow you :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home