One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Black & White Wednesday, The Dreaded Self-Portrait & A Big Thanks

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

30 June 2010

Black & White Wednesday, The Dreaded Self-Portrait & A Big Thanks

It's Wednesday & there is lots going on here today.  First, I want to say thank you to Ashley at Ramblings and Photos for bestowing upon me the Outstanding Blogger Award.  


Very cool.  If you haven't been to Ashley's blog to check out her amazing talent, click over there right now.  Don't waste another minute!  Seriously, I'm learning so much from Ashley so again, THANK YOU!

I have done very poorly passing out awards so this week, I'm going to take the time to pass this one to a few of my favorite peeps who are extremely supportive in everything I do lately & frequent commenters and I can honestly say they are friends.  If awards aren't your thing, don't worry.  I'm not offended if you don't display it.  Or thank me in a special post on your blog.  Or comment on this post at least giving thanks on my own blog.  No worries whatsoever.  The award goes to:

2.  Mandy @ 2 sweet things
3.  Courtney @ Make Me A Blessing  (and because she has the coolest name EVER & is an AGD sis)

Love y'all to pieces and it makes my heart happy to be able to give you a little something.  ENJOY!

Next up on the agenda is my very first self-portrait.  I ran across yet another fabulous blog packed full of great photography and yes, you guessed it, another photo challenge - the dreaded self-portrait.  I tried so hard to get creative but creative shots didn't turn out and the oh so familiar "self-portrait in my side view mirror" shots did.  Go figure.  







The last one, I was actually standing in front of a glass door and going for something completely different.  {sigh}  I'm going to brainstorm before my next self-portrait.  It's gonna be awesome!  (i hope)

To see more black and white shots, head over to The Long Road to China - another blog with outstanding photography.  

the long road

To see more self-portraits, head over to The Old Nichols Farm.  

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Emmasmommy said...

    Thank you so much girl!! This made my morning (and yes if this is time stamped you will notice it is eeaarrllyy ;) You are such a sweet and dear friend to me!

    All the self portraits are good but the first is my fav. A little bit diff. angle... love it!

    Hope you and your sweet kiddos have a great day today!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Angie S. said...

    This is my first visit to your blog. Very cute header! And great b&w's. Self-portraits are always a challenge, aren't they!!! Feel free to visit me at http://thejasandersfamily.blogspot.com/.

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    You are most welcome! So glad to know you, Tyler. And thanks! Hope you have a great day as well. Can't wait to hear all about it!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Hi, Angie! So glad you stopped by. Thank you so much and I look forward to checking out your blog. Hope you have a great day!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Lula Lola said...

    I love that first one! Cool lighting! They're all great! I detest pictures of myself. I haven't takena decent one since the big hair eighties! lol

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Thanks, girl. Yeah, I'm not keen on seeing pictures of myself these days either. But then I complain that there are tons of pictures of my kids w/everyone else and none of them with me because i'm always behind the camera. Catch 22.

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

    #2 #2 #2 is SUPER CUTE, I love it!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Mandy Pfeiffer said...

    Very cute self-portraits, Courtney, though I dare say it's cheating to hide behind that sweet camera! =) I have only been in a handful of pictures since the littles were born~ I need to get better about that... they are going to think I wasn't there! Thanks to for the award~ I'm honored to call you friend as well! XO

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Ashley Sisk said...

    I love the self portraits - I took some the other day right out of the shower. Talk about bare photography. LOL I wonder if I should post them. Anyways, I truly love your blog and I need to tell you more how supportive you are. You are so well connected and I am learning from you!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Natalie@mommyofamonster said...

    I like the 2nd one ;)

    Congrats on your award!!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    I happen to really like the looking-over-the-shoulder one.

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous CM_ALittleLilac said...

    Great shots! The first one makes you wonder what you were thinking...you look so serious. The editing is amazing!

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    thank you, girl. I know, i complain about not having any pictures of me with the kids but then I complain about how i look in the pictures. {sigh} You are most welcome. And thanks. :)

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Jill said...

    Fun shots!

    Blessings,
    Jill
    www.fnaphotography.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home