One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Junk For Sale

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

02 June 2010

Junk For Sale

One person's junk is another person's treasure...
I guess. You may have read Monday's post listing my 5 random thoughts for the moment, one of which mentioned a yard sale.  You may call it a garage or rummage sale, depending on where you're from.  I really hate hosting a yard sale.  While the thought of extra money is always exciting, ya gotta wonder if it's really worth all the trouble of dragging everything out, organizing it, pricing it, etc.  Just typing that gives me a headache!  I'm not so sure I wouldn't just rather haul it all to Goodwill.  But the husband says we should have the sale and so we're having the sale.  Bah humbug.

     Insert cute image of yard sale here, but technology hates me today so no cute image.

The kids' closets have been cleaned out and their toy boxes gone through but I have yet to tackle my closet or the other "junk" closets.  But there's no turning back now.  I've already done the advertising:  "YARD SALE!  RAIN OR SHINE!  SATURDAY!  BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!"  So it's with a heavy heart that I now leave you to go rummaging through my closets, my drawers, etc. to fill up my garage with someone else's "treasure" in hopes of scoring fifty cents here, seventy-five cents there.  Maybe when it's all said and done I will be able to by myself ice cream.  





Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • At June 2, 2010 at 6:31 AM , Anonymous Lori said...

    lol. can SO relate. It is a hassle. BUT you'll be glad when, for whatever reason, things are newly cleaned out. You'll say to yourself, "hey, that wasn't so bad. think I'll do it again next year." or "remind me of today the next time I suggest having a yard sale." Either way, you'll be done, you will have decided what to do next time, and you can cart the rest of the stuff to Goodwill for a great tax write-off. (but if you have a leather skirt going to Goodwill - call me)

    I know how you feel about being bored with the blog, too. Sometimes things need to be reexamined. I wish you luck. Nice "meeting" you. :)

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    I know I'll be glad once it's all over. No leather skirt this time. Sorry, girl! :) Nice "meeting" you as well!

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

    does this mean you're getting rid of baby stuff?

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Nope. The baby stuff is going in the attic. We are purging some toys and shoes, though. We are still on the fence about more kids. Not making any decisions just yet.

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Natalie@mommyofamonster said...

    I've never had a garage sale either. It does seem like a lot of work for not much payback. I donate to the Goodwill and use the tax write off ;)

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    It IS a lot of work and I'm not enjoying any of it. Not one tiny piece of it.

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

    I always have great intentions with having a garage sale. But everything always ends up going to the Good will!!

    Good for you!! Have fun!

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM , Anonymous carissa said...

    all the cleaning out is totally worth ice cream! especially if it's chocolate with hot fudge! : )

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    I bet a good chunk of it will still go to Goodwill. Thanks, Julie!

     
  • At June 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    LOL - you're not pregnant, are you?

     
  • At June 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Anonymous Jes said...

    All the stuff you have been clearing out.. I'm kinda wishing I was coming to your yard sale..

    Don't forget to reward yourself with this hard work you are doing.

     
  • At June 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Yard sale went great and we made more than we expected. Still debating on my reward....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home