One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: miscellany monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

31 May 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


It's Monday again and depending on how well you like reading random stuff, it could be a good or bad thing. I have lots of random things floating in my head this morning.  So off I go....


ONE  My husband has been bitten by the bug.  The boating bug.  Growing up very close to water in KY we both practically grew up on a boat, a lake and we haven't had a boat since we moved to Nashville almost 7 years ago.  We're both itching pretty bad.  We're about to load up and go look at a couple of boats.  It will be interesting to see if we come home with one.  It's quite possible. 

TWO  My closet as well as a couple of other closets in the house desperately need to be cleaned out and I keep putting it off.  I can't say I enjoy cleaning out closets, though I'm always glad when it's done and closets are organized.  This brings me to my next random thought....

THREE  We need to have a yard sale - soon.  But I don't want to go through the process of dragging stuff out and actually go through with it.  Can we say laziness has set in?

FOUR  Seems there are a lot of people lately that seem to think their opinion is the only opinion that matters.  Everyone has an opinion about something.  Everyone.  The difference is not everyone feels the need to share it with people they don't really know.  I'm finding the older I get, the less time I have for rude, opinionated people.  Nor do I have any tolerance for drama.  Let's get back to basics:  If you can't say anything nice, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

FIVE  Please remember what Memorial Day is really about.  Remember that too many men and women have died serving our country so that we may enjoy the freedoms we do today.  Please keep them all in our thoughts and prayers and be thankful.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit and purge some random thoughts.  I will apologize in advance.  We'll be out (looking for boats) and I will be away from the computer most of the day.  I will try to get by everyone's blogs tonight or tomorrow.  I hope everyone is having a great holiday!

If you'd like to link up your own random thoughts, head over to Carissa's blog, lowercase letters by clicking the logo above.  


Labels: ,

20 Comments:

  • At May 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

    Oh---I'm planning on having a yard (or in Minnesota we call it garage) sale. It is so much work. I've decided to have them every other year. My neighbors cannot believe that all the stuff that I'm selling was actually in my house. Then I remind them -- seven kids = seven birthdays, seven Christmases, seven Easters, seven "just because we love yous" etc... Then they quickly nod. Others have begun to realize that my garage sale is a good one. Lots of stuff. Priced really, really low. It's got to go, right???

    Have a great Monday.

    Rachel

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous carissa said...

    thanks, courtney, as always, for joining in! i love to have you! oh my goodness... it'd be super cool if you got a boat! can i live vicariously through you? please? yard sales are a bunch of work. i went the ebay route thinking i'd save myself some time... oh boy, i was wrong. i guess it takes some work to make money! : ) have a beautiful memorial day!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous Mandy Pfeiffer said...

    Good morning, Courtney! I am having the same laziness about cleaning out closets and a garage sale. I love getting rid of stuff but hate the pricing and actually sitting out there for a day. I am procrastinating and hoping to do one in august after our missions trip and Halle's birthday. We'll see...

    Good luck with boat shopping. I grew up around water too, but it's been so long I wouldn't know what to do. That certainly would help out your tan even more! =) Have a great day!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Joye said...

    My closets are danger zones!!! I'm afraid of falling objects! Hope you have a great day and find a boat you love!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

    HI Courtney,

    thank you so much for sharing your random thoughts :)

    Maybe it is the weather, but I also feel a bit lazy. I love to procrastinate way too much.

    I hope you have an amazing day at the water and had luck boat shopping! I love being around water and really miss it.

    Have a blessed Memorial Monday,
    Kate

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

    I am so with you on the closets!! UGh...I am procrastinating with a capital P on those!!
    We love boating, too. It's one of our favorite pass times!!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

    I haven't been doing much blog hopping today, but had to click through after seeing on FB. Don't know what's going on, but I hope your aggravation passes soon! I saw some ugliness on BF last night, and not sure what's up people's butts. :)

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous radfords said...

    Loved your Miscellany! I have noticed it seems like lots have an opinion lately and only there's seem to matter hmmmmm must be something in the air ha!
    My closest so desperatly need cleaned out and I need to have a major yard sale....that or e-bay here I come sale LOL...
    Loved the miscellany
    xoxo
    Summer

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous Barbie2365 said...

    My entire house needs to be cleaned and organized. We have a garage sale every year and I am hoping this year I will have the motivation to have one before we move. I am sorry there are so many opinions flying your way. Sometimes it's best just to unplug from everything (phone, computer, etc.) so you don't have to hear them.

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Emmasmommy said...

    I need to declutter so bad it is ridiculous...BUT I am to lazy! Terrible huh?! Maybe after this week I will get a little more time to be productive around the house!

    You have to share pics if you buy a boat! How fun!! Hope you and your fam. had a wonderful weekend :)

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Not terrible. I feel the same. Mike says we are having the yard sale this weekend so I guess I have no choice no but to get my butt in gear.

    Didn't buy a boat today but you know there will be pictures when we do. :)

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Barbie, that's exactly what I did. I have not been on the computer all day. I stayed away from all of it and it was quite liberating. I'm only on now to respond to all of the comment love and then I'm stepping away again. Maybe I just spend too much time on the computer...

    The husband says we need to have the yard sale this weekend so I guess my house will get cleaned and organized this week. Not sure how I feel about that just yet.

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Summer, thanks so much! It was nice to not be on the computer today and hearing opinions flying around. Always glad to have you stop by!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Actually different issues. Seems to be coming from all directions.

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    I'm going to try to tackle it this week. Blah.

    Didn't come home with a boat today but we're still looking!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Thanks so much, Kate! I hope you had a great weekend as well!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Joye, I know what you mean! My closets should have wring signs posted on them.

    Didn't come home with a boat today, but we're still looking! :)

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:40 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Mike says we're having the sale this weekend so I guess my laziness and procrastination have come to an end. :(

    We didn't come home with a boat today but still looking!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    LOL! I guess it does take work to make money. We didn't get a boat today but still on the lookout. Have to come to TN so I can take you for a spin! :)

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 9:43 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

    Exactly! I only have two kids but their stuff is starting to take over the house. Mike says we're having the sale this weekend so I guess I have to get going. Blah.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home