One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: My Weight Loss Attempt

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

02 April 2010

My Weight Loss Attempt

If you've snooped around my blog recently, you may have noticed a new link on my left sidebar to a new page, My Weight Loss Diary.  I have recently gotten mad enough at my body, my clothes, my insecurities that I've decided to do something about it.  I knew, however, it would have to be something drastic.  Something that would hold me accountable to getting up at 5AM six days a week to workout and eat healthy.  With our family vacation just around the corner, I needed to make a move and fast.  Vlogging popped into my head.  I'll make a video diary of each day of my workout challenge to lose the weight.  And post it on my blog.  For the world to see.  Wait - WHAT?!  

But I did it.  I decided to let all of you hold me accountable to this challenge.  I want to lose 19 pounds.  All of my stats (Lord, help me) are on my new page.  Go ahead and look now.  I'll wait.

So now that you're realizing just how crazy brave I really am, I hope to inspire some of you to join me in this challenge.  I've had a couple of friends already hop aboard so I added MckLinky to the page so we could all link up and help one another.  

In honor of my new challenge, I wanted to share with you one of my new favorite meals.  I originally made this with chicken that I had brushed with olive oil infused with basil and garlic.  I sprinkled a small amount of salt and pepper on it and threw it on the grill.  I then sliced it up and added the vegetables and stuffed it in a pita pocket.  However, I didn't realize just how tasty this little treat would be  so I failed to document it for a blog post.  But I made a variation of it for lunch today and had the camera ready.


Instead of chicken, I stuffed it with tuna and instead of mayo I drizzled the top with Kraft Greek Vinaigrette dressing.  This dressing is the trick.  It's so good and only 1 gram of sugar and 60 calories per serving.  You can stuff it with any veggies you like.  These are what I had on hand (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, spinach) and it was delish!


YUMMO!  I hope this inspires some of you to serve up a little healthiness to yourself today.  Link up if you want to be part of our support team.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At April 2, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes! I will try this, we are doing Biggest Loser at my office and I am highly unmotivated due to lack of food choices other than a salad!
    Going grocery shopping today, adding this stuff to my list! Thanks again!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

    Glad this inspired you, Suzanne! Good luck to you!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger liz said...

    Go you! And yummy lunch! I've been doing the pita pocket thing for the past 2 weeks, and it's great. Know what I found (well, Craig told me this first and I found it to be true)? If you slice up a hard boiled egg and include it in your pita or salad, it keeps you feeling full much longer. It's something about your body and how it processes a protein.

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If I wasn't 5 1/2 months pregnant I would so be joining you! Keep up the good work! Seeing all the yummy veggies reminds me.....Do you know if and when the Arlington Market is open?? I can't wait to get some fresh fruit and veggies!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

    Thanks, Liz! That's a great tip. I'll have to try it.
    Lindsey, I have no idea but I'm SO ready for the farmer's market. I would think soon. When I find out, I'll let you know!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

    Lunch looks great! I am in no way going to link up and broadcast my journey =), but I am with you in spirit. You are very brave! Happy Good Friday!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

    Ah, come on! LOL - no worries, Mandy. Thanks for your support!

     
  • At April 2, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Anonymous A. Ripped said...

    This looks really nice and thanks for sharing this as i have got something that i can eat. I am on a strict diet and so don't have any option other than eating salad.

     
  • At April 3, 2010 at 1:21 AM , Blogger mrs.notouching said...

    Loved seeing your videos! I can now kind of "hear you" when I read your posts :-) Have a baby to pop out but will be on a similar journey soon...

     
  • At April 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

    A. Ripped, glad I could help you out!

    mrs.notoughing, congrats on the baby! hope you'll join us when you're ready to lose the baby weight!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home