One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: RIP, Big Bertha

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

29 March 2010

RIP, Big Bertha

With a heavy heart, I am sad to inform you all that Big Bertha has been laid to rest.  At least for now.  Big Bertha was my old vintage sewing machine that my mother-in-law passed down to me.  My husband took it apart, pulled out all the dust, oiled the gears and was very excited to only find one worn part in the entire machine.  However, that one worn part proved to be a big problem.  We haven't completely given up on trying to find that part or a manual for Big Bertha but the truth is that we're having some trouble finding any information about her at all.  So for now she is out of commission.  *tear*


But now I'd like to introduce you to Sally, my new Singer 2236 sewing machine!  Ain't she a beauty?  All white, sleek and shiny....



This is the part I really like.  "SIMPLE".  She is beginner friendly.



She has 23 built-in stitches and an automatic threader.



I also LOVE that it comes with an instruction manual as well as a quickstart DVD.



And accessories.  A girl always loves her accessories...


I've got big plans for this new addition to my craft family.  I hope to share some of my projects real soon. 


On another note, you may have noticed a new link on the left sidebar to my new blog hop.  Come back tomorrow for all the details!


Happy Monday to you all.  Be crafty!

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home