One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Housekeeping

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

23 March 2010

Housekeeping

Just wanted to bring you all up to speed with some new things I've added to the blog. Boring, I know. I promise to be more entertaining tomorrow. First up, my nifty ChatBox on the sidebar. I'm going to just try this out and see how well it works and if it helps us interact with one another a little better. If we all hate it, out it will go.

Second, I've added labels to the sidebar as well. I've seen this widget on a few other blogs and was delighted to find out it is a Blogger widget.

Third, I've updated my pages (Recipes, Photography, Scrapbook Gallery & Sewing/Crafts). If you haven't checked those out recently, please be sure to do so. Check them frequently. I'll add to them as much as I can.

Now, I shall leave you with a favorite recipe which will also be added to the Recipe page for future reference. It's from the one and only Paula Deen, but don't worry - it's a rather healthy recipe for Mrs. Paula and very tasty. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday so far! Check back tomorrow for my 100th post! EEK!

Southwestern Avocado and Black Bean Salad

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
  • 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
  • 2 avocados, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
  • About 3/4 cup (3-ounces) grated pepper jack cheese
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, oil, lime juice and hot sauce.

In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, and cheese. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home