One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Munchin' Monday

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

11 January 2010

Munchin' Monday

Okay, so I'm on a diet and I'm starving! I do give myself a day off on the weekend and my family and I usually enjoy a dinner out and I give in to my SERIOUS sweet tooth. I got this recipe from a family member who made these for my dad's surprise birthday party on New Year's Eve and I've been dreaming about them since. Thinking I might have to make these this weekend for my sweet indulgence. I wanted to pass on the recipe to all of you - they are SO STINKIN' GOOD! Cure the Monday blues with these babies. ENJOY!

Chocolate Revel Bars

1 c butter, softened

2 c packed brown sugar

1 tsp baking powder

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 ½ c all purpose flour

3 c quick cooking rolled oats

1 ½ c semisweet chocolate pieces (I use milk chocolate but whatever you prefer)

1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk

2 tsp vanilla

1) Set aside 2 tbsp of the butter. In a large mixing bowl beat the remaining butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 2 tsp vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the rolled oats.

2) For filling, in a medium saucepan combine reserved 2 tbsp butter, chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tsp of vanilla.

3) Press two-thirds (about 3 1/3 c) of the rolled oats mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan, pour filling over top. Take remaining oat mixture and use your fingers to work the mixture into flat pieces of various sizes; place them on the chocolate filing.

4) Bake in a 350 oven for about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned (chocolate filing will still look moist). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Variation

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Revel Bars: Prepare as above except substitute ½ c peanut butter for the 2 tbsp butter when making the filling and add ½ c chopped peanuts to the filling after removing from heat

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home