One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Before & After

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

10 June 2010

Before & After



So I'm admitting now that this isn't exactly my best work.  I actually picked this photo because I thought it would be a could before & after challenge for me and it ended up being a complete fail.  What I had in my mind didn't not end up being what I saw with my eyes.  So I ended up scrapping my original edit and going with something way different.  Something much simpler. 

This picture was taken during our spontaneous trip to Hot Springs, AR.  Unfortunately, we got there just in time to eat dinner before it got dark so all of our walking around that evening didn't make for great pictures.  

Here is my SOOC (straight out of the camera) shot taken with my Canon Rebel T1i, 18-55 mm lens (not a great lens for low light shots):


And here is my edited version of the shot:



What I originally had in mind was to add a little grunge texture to mostly the sides but it took away from the building.  I also wanted to keep the original color but I didn't like that yellow light and I couldn't get the lighting just right.  So I gave up and tinted it sepia, cropped the pic, rounded the corners and VIOLA!  This is what I got.  I do like the bit of spookiness the picture gives off but I'm not terribly happy with the edit.  I gotta do better next week.  I used Photoshop Elements 8 for my edit.

To see more before and after pics or to link up one of your own, head over to Pixel Perfect by clicking the logo above.


Labels: , , , , , ,

43 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home