One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Anticipation

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

23 February 2010

Anticipation

This is our family dog, Lucy. She is a seven year old miniature dachshund that my husband got for me right before we got married. A very sweet dog in nature, she is a bit of a spaz sometimes. She still gets terribly excited when people come over and pees in the floor. She still chases her tail. She barks like mad when she hears the garage door go up, the doorbell ring or a knock of any kind. Lucy still gets bored and will upon occasion wreak havoc on one of the kids' toys much to their demise. She is starting to show signs of aging; gray around her face, moving a little slower most days, having accidents in the house. For the latter, I have threatened to give her away on more than one occasion. But she is the epitome of a lap dog and loves nothing more than to snuggle under a blanket with someone - anyone. She is wonderful with our small children, allowing them to learn respect for all animals beginning with her and she is very tolerant of them. And my kids truly love her. And for all these reasons, Lucy is still & forever will be part of our family.

I honestly don't know how families with small children and no dog keep their floors clean. A service I am eternally grateful for, Lucy provides it with eager willingness. She can be found under the table between the kids' chairs during every meal without fail. I have no idea why I was inspired to snap this picture but seeing her under the table anticipating the next bite she'd snag made me reach for the camera, point & shoot.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce you to Lucy. She would be tickled pink over the attention. Have a great day!


Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At February 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Blogger indiamama said...

    I agree with you on not knowing how people without a dog survive the crumbs under the table. Without Louie my kitchen floor would be a wreck.

     
  • At February 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that picture! It is so cute! I think everyone with children should have a dog not just for quick clean-ups but for the companionships too!

     
  • At February 23, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Court, I love this pic! We just got our first dog a little over a year ago- a golden retriever mix that we named Charlie. He is so needy, but also so loving,loyal, and he adores our kids. We talk about how much he will grow to love the baby because of the food he'll drop for Charlie to eat:) Can't wait! I'm sure they will be big buds:)

     
  • At February 23, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Post Grad Hair Cut said...

    oh adorable. I have always wanted a daschund. My parent's done does the excited peeing thing. Silly pup!

     
  • At February 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Jason Ford said...

    I think that the best dog that I have ever seen cleanup a floor was my dog BJ. You remember him don't ya? The 20 lb toy poodle. I miss that dog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home