One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: UBP 2010

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

09 April 2010

UBP 2010

Happy Friday to you all!  First I want to thank those of you that linked up on Tuesday for the premier of Around the Town on Tuesday blog hop that Jes @ Exposing the Drapes to my 20s and I worked very hard on putting together.  We have had quite a lot of interest for the next post day so I hope we have more linking going on.  The next post day will be Tuesday, April 20th and the subject is parks.  Show us at least one park in your town - or all the parks.  Give us a little information about the park.  The choice is yours!  For information about Around the Town on Tuesday, click on the graphic on my   sidebar.  Now onto to some more fun....

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

I am linking up today with 5 Minutes For Mom for their Ultimate Block Party 2010.  So to all of you visiting today, welcome!  I hope you'll click around and stay a while.  To my regulars, stick around.  You might learn something new about yours truly.  ;)

I'll properly introduce myself.  My name is Courtney.  I am a 35 year old stay at home mom to two children.  Keegan is four years old and Presley is almost 16 months old.  They are the light of my life.  I'm a Christian woman.  I've been married to my husband, Mike for over 7 years now.  We met on a blind date which still sounds crazy to me because it's so not like me.  When we got engaged, we were officially engaged for five days before we ran off and got married.  I still wouldn't change a thing.  I'm still madly in love with him after all these years.  He's a wonderful husband and father.  

Mike and I are both originally from Kentucky.  I grew up in a small town called Madisonville which boasts to be "the best town on earth".  I would beg to differ.  While I loved growing up in Kentucky, (and I still bleed Wildcat blue) I don't think I was made for small town life.  I seem to thrive in the big city.  And there were no big cities close by.  After Mike and I were married for a matter of months, we moved to Hendersonville, TN which is a north suburb of Nashville.  We loved it there.  This is where Keegan was born so it will always hold a special place in our hearts.  Then Mike's job transferred us to our current location, Arlington, TN which is just northeast of Memphis, TN (my big city).   We've lived here for almost 3 years now.  This is where Presley was born.  Living in Memphis is a bit surreal to me because since the tender age of four, I've been mildly obsessed with Elvis Presley.  I also love history and there certainly is a lot of that around here.  So I have immensely enjoyed exploring Memphis.  

I have many hobbies which is mostly what I blog about.  I love to scrapbook (though I'm way, way behind), cook, love to dabble in photography, just started quilting/sewing and blogging has become quite the obsession.  I do what I can when I can with two little ones running around.  I'm a bit of a neat freak, but am starting to realize that a clean house is overrated.  Try hard as I may, I am just not Superwoman.   Something has to suffer.  My kids and hobbies are way more fun!

I hope I didn't bore y'all too much.  Have a great weekend!
Y'all come back now!

Labels: , , ,

33 Comments:

  • At April 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Tracey said...

    Visiting from the UBP 2010; it's so nice to "meet" you! Your blog header and design are lovely!

    I'll now be following you on Twitter. Enjoy the party!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

    How fun! Now where's the chocolate????

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Tracey, thank you so much! Looking forward to getting to know you!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    LOL! I know, right?!
    Courtney
    http://theworldofnoff.blogspot.com/
    http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous secretmomthoughts said...

    I totally agree that a clean house is overrated. I'm here for the UBP. Nice to meet you.

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Vicky, Nice to meet you! Glad you stopped by. Funny, because I'm doing a little cleaning today in between checking out blogs. I couldn't stand it any longer. ;)

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous bridgettegroschen said...

    Hi There! Just popping in to be your newest Google Follower-Hooray! You have a lovely blog and it sounds like your on a wonderful adventure. Hope you can swing by my blog! Have a super weekend!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Kim said...

    Hey Courtney!

    Following you from UBP! Sound like we have the same hobbies! Including the messy house! Nice to "meet" you!

    Kim
    http://chubbycheeksthinks.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-party-wooo-hooo.html

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous AuntieE said...

    Nice to meet you. I lived in Peaksmill Kentucky as a child. My brother lived in Shelbyville near Memphis, he had a Memphis address. I loved Memphis went there quiet a bit. at that time we lived in Missouri. Loving this UBP time.

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Lesley said...

    Hi Courtney! After reading your post I'm hoping we will still be able to be bloggy friends. I'm in nearby WV and I understand why you might not want to friend me LOL My Mountaineers did try to kill your Cats. :)

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

    I'm a new Google Follower of yours hailing from the UBP10; I'm excited to look around to see what crafts you've got cookin'!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Jacque said...

    Just wanted to say "Hi" and what a great site you have here - I'll definitely be back to click around more! I am visiting from the UBP - this is my first time and have only been blogging for a very short time... you have tons of info here - thanks! :)

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Thanks, Bridgette! Definitely planning to swing by!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Mandi said...

    Hi there! Coming over from the UBP2010 linky, and just wanted to *wave* and say hi! I have you bookmarked so I can take a look at some other posts of yours!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Hi, Kim! Nice to "meet" you as well! Glad I'm not the only one that thinks clean houses are overrated. ;)

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Harriet, glad you stopped by! Hope you will come back!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Lesley, too funny! I would love to be your bloggy friend! Thanks for stopping by today!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Love it, Rachel! I'm in the process of a major overhaul on my blog so I'm hoping to have more things added for you to enjoy in the very near future. Be patient with me!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Sonora said...

    Congrats on getting your own domain! I have had mine for a few months now and haven't had any real problems. Good luck with it! I have to agree with a previous commenter that I love your header.

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Jacque, thanks so much for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it and I certainly hope you'll be back! Hope you have a great day!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Thank you so very much! Wish I could take full credit for it but it wasn't all me. I took the pictures and a great bloggy friend put the header in action. Stop by http://momsbabypooh.blogspot.com and show her some love!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Mandi, so glad you stopped by! I definitely hope you'll come back. Thanks!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

    Followin' you! Great blog - nice, clean, interesting! Can't wait to read your daily posts!

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Emily, thanks so much! I'm hoping to keep up the renovation over the weekend so I hope to improve it even more. I truly appreciate you saying that because nice and clean was exactly what I was going for! Welcome!

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 3:46 AM , Anonymous shellthings said...

    Nice to meet you from the party! I promise I don't always leave such generic comments- I need to go get my boys to bed, so I'm making this quick. Loved your intro- I'm your newest follower. :)

    No, this isn't a copy and pasted comment, I'm just honestly that wiped out today. LOL

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Hi, Cindy! Thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 4:34 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

    {{blushing}}

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 4:36 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    shellthings, I COMPLETELY understand! LOL - having one of those days myself so I hope to get over to your blog real soon! Thanks for stopping by and especially for following!!!

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    YOU. ARE. AWESOME.

     
  • At April 13, 2010 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Cindy A said...

    I also like to sew and to take photos also!! Happy UBP10!

    Visit our adventure at:
    http://aguilarfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-party-2010-join-in-with-our.html

     
  • At April 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Cascia, thanks for stopping by! Hope you make your way back. Looking forward to checking out your blog!

     
  • At April 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous Christy @ Sumners In Scotland said...

    I'm here from UBP. I have enjoyed reading through your blog. Your photography is beautiful.

    Enjoy the party!

     
  • At April 15, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous CourtneyN said...

    Christy, thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you'll come back!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home