One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: It's No Secret....

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

21 October 2009

It's No Secret....

that I am not tickled pink with our new President in office.  I did not vote for him because I don't think he's qualified to be President of the United States of America.  I'm not big into politics and think most politicians are crooked.  So I don't think for a second that John McCain was the answer the Americans' prayers, but I think he might have been the lesser of two evils.  At least he had been a member of the senate for years rather than a matter of days.  However, I do find it extremely exciting and encouraging that our country has moved in a direction that we can now vote an African American into the presidential office.  That being said, I think Obama is blowing it big time.  I'm just not impressed.  He made too many big promises that have to be approved by Congress first and will probably never get passed.

So have you seen the latest?  Obama and the First Lady attended a fund raising dinner costing $30,000 per couple and rubbed elbows with the big wigs on Wall Street that he just criticized days before for attempting to pay out millions in tax payers' money for bonuses.  All this in the middle of a recession.  However, kudos to President Obama for pushing the reform at the fund raising dinner.  You can read that article here.    Think this will save our tax money from being paid out for bonuses?

There's also a YouTube video about President Obama and a 4th Grade boy.  Have you seen this?  The boy asks, "Why do people hate you?".  I believe the President handles it very well.  But this got me thinking.  Kids are so much more perceptive than we give them credit and we really need to be careful about what we say around our children.  I know I'm guilty of saying things that will later come back to bite me.  My children don't miss a thing.  I tried to post the video here but YouTube or Blogger is hating on me right now.  If you want to see it, go to YouTube and search "4th Grader to Obama".  Let me know what you think.

Happy Hump Day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home