One Mom's Perfect Imperfections

has been moved to new address

http://www.onemomsperfectimperfection.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection: Getting Down to Business

One Mom's Perfect Imperfection

One mom's journey through life and her hodgepodge of hobbies.

19 October 2009

Getting Down to Business

It's Monday morning and I am already inspired by this blog.  Kids are fed, dog is fed, laundry is going but now I am taking five minutes to myself to make a post.  YAY ME - as I watch my 10 month old walk into the other room.  Better go fetch her.....


I haven't quite decided if I'm going to have a theme for each day of the week or just see where this all goes and let this blog take it's own shape.  But there are a few of things on my mind this morning that I think a lot of people probably have opinions about.  So here it goes.


I'm sure everyone has seen or heard about the balloon boy.  My first reaction after hearing the story was pure horror at the thought of a 6 year old boy being whisked away inside a homemade balloon.  Then I started wondering where the boy would actually be in that homemade balloon while watching the video on the Today Show.  Next come all the stories about this family being on Wife Swap and how they've made a rap video for YouTube, not to mention their storm chasing life.  I start thinking "hoax".  Now, they are reporting these parents could be facing felony charges after further investigations.  Seriously?  These parents want to be on TV so bad that they'd use their kids to achieve that.  Serves these crazy people right, but I feel sorry for those kids.  They don't deserve this.  Okay, enough of this and on to something more fun.


So I did a little scrapbooking yesterday for the first time in months.  I usually can't find time during the day unless I put something else off (laundry, cleaning house, etc.) and I always tell myself that I'll take time to do it after putting the kids to bed.  However, that never happens because the hubs and I usually curl up to watch one of our favorite shows or catch up on some movies we've been wanting to watch.  Or I find myself too exhausted do anything and just go to bed.  But yesterday, both kids took great naps so I decided to blow off everything else and do something for myself.  I'll admit, I'm a little out of practice and so behind on my kids' scrapbooks that I'm really more into just getting it done than I am being super creative.  But I think it turned out okay.  This page is for Keegan's book.  Keegan wasn't quite two years old yet, if that tells you how far behind I am.  He's now almost four.  Better late than never, right?!  The subject matter is a trip back home to Kentucky.  If memory serves me correctly, I think we had a good time.  ;)  Hope this inspires you to be a little creative for yourself today! 












Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home